People are social beings. We need connectedness; hence why many people stay constantly connected to others through social networking sites. However, despite the increased “connection”, many people are suffering from depression and social isolation; they feel unloved and uncared for. To become empowered, individuals must reach out; they must realize that they should not be going through their personal issues alone.
They need a supportive community around them.
Many people lack authentic social connections, and mask their personal issues from others. To enable people to share their deep personal experiences, i.e., about bullying, self-esteem, and personal development, was one of the reasons I began my blog. I think of this blog as an online “safe haven” where people can tell others about their personal issues without worry of stigmatization. It was designed as a general forum where people in need can see others sharing their stories, and thus giving them options for seeking help rather than opting for unhealthy drastic measures.
As Nickelback sings in their song When We Stand Together, “Hand in hand forever… that’s when we all win.”
Being part of a caring community can change people in a positive way. I have learned this lesson many times in my life. In my academic, athletic, professional, and personal experiences I benefitted from having a group of people who shared similar experiences to me and could relate to what I was going through in life. I was fortunate to have people around me who listened to me and encouraged me. We all helped each other in this way. As part of a healthy, positive,caring, and sharing community, we all grew and prospered. I hope to carry that tone to my blog so I can empower others to become the best they can be.
My three questions for you are:
1) What are your definitions of a healthy community and a non-healthy community?
2)What factors do you look for in a community??
3) If you relocate, how do you seek out a new community?
Upcoming Posts: Posting about my goals for my blog and then following that with a post about the top ten songs that have empowered my life.
Thank you for reading and your presence at this beach retreat. You Rock! I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts in the comment section below.
See you at the beach!
- Tips To Help Start On Your Personal Development Journey (theresabloginmysoup.com)
- Can social media tools help to strengthen relationships? (marketing.yell.com)
- Relationships – 7 Steps to Healthier Relationships (sandyseeber.wordpress.com)
- Empower Yourself! (successful-blog.com)
- From Healthcare to Unemployment: New Social Network Provides Free Global Platform to Share Stories and Advice, Creating an Online Community (prweb.com)
- Importance of Personal Development (daphnegan.wordpress.com)