Arianna’s Random Thoughts is the brainchild of Arianna Merritt, MEd. Launched in 2010, the site is a digital platform dedicated to supporting the social and economic development of women & youth. Drawing on Arianna’s educational background in human development & applied psychology combined with her love of technology and involvement in sport, she created the space to be what she wished she had access to when she graduated to support her on her transition including the community, resources, interviews, and inspiration.
An innovative applied psychology specialist, change-maker, communications specialist, and community-builder who is deeply committed to empowering individuals, organizations, and governments to reach their full potential through education, engagement, and financial commitments.
- 15 years of providing academic and holistic advising (teaching/ mentoring/ coaching/ training/ facilitation) to individuals and groups of diverse ages, backgrounds, and abilities.
- 14+ years working with collaborative research teams to plan, develop, and disseminate learning strategies that enable policy, program development and implementation, and training curricula for Canadian primary, secondary, and post-secondary institutions as well as non-profit and athletic organizations.
- 10+ years creating original educational content about individual and organizational wellness.
- 10+ years in community-building and engagement by facilitating holistic learning environments.
- 5+ years in social media marketing, web design, branding, and online reputation management.
- Certification as Registered Clinical Counsellor in process.
Traits: Enthusiastic. Optimistic. Collaborative. Hard-working. Intelligent. Creative. Kind.
About the blog:
When I was working on my Masters degree and thinking about life after graduation, I lacked clarity for the future. Therefore, I created my blog from the ground up to connect with like-minded people and share my concerns beyond the classroom. Doing so really skyrocketed my personal and professional development. Since then, I have facilitated my blog, Arianna’s Random Thoughts, to become an award-winning and trusted dialogue in the online community for empowering persons of all ages – especially students, recent graduates, entrepreneurs, and professionals – to launch their ideas into reality. Along the way, I have personally interviewed over 100+ professional thought leaders from around the world about how they have risen to their platform and shined!
One of my mottos is “conversations change lives.” I love brainstorming sessions – using my creative and analytical abilities to turn ideas into action. If you have a project that you think I would be interested in or story I should hear, I would simply LOVE to hear the details! To get in touch please use my contact form, right here. I’m excited to meet new people and future conversations. Check out a list of my other projects below.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES:
- Won the Top 25 Blog with Heart Award.
- Awarded See Beautiful Woman of the Month – June 2012 – “Arianna’s Random Thoughts Are Full of Awesome.”
- Nominated for the Business & Career, Health & Wellness, and Life Categories for the 2014 Canadian Weblog Awards.
- Nominated for the Health & Wellness and Life Categories for the 2013 Canadian Weblog Awards. Placed in the top 5 in the Health & Wellness Category.
- Nominated for the Health & Wellness and Life Categories for the 2012 Canadian Weblog Awards.
- Awarded Best Body Image Blogger for the 2012 Nourishing Body Image Awards.
- Awarded #14 in the Top 50 Personal Development Blogs of 2012 (Steven Aitchison).
- Top 100 Self-Help Blogs 2012 – Psychology of Eating.
- Ten Thousand Coffees | How to Establish Yourself as a Blogger
- Carleton University Learning Log | What Can You Do With a Psychology Degree?
- Wild Sister Magazine | Being An Entrepreneur is Like Paddling (Feb. 2015)
- Wild Sister Magazine | Go Be Wild (December, 2014)
- inspired COACH magazine | Shared my advice for work/life balance
- AlisonSmith.com | Shared a self-love strategy in 16 Strategies to Live a Life UnCommon
- Quips and Tips for Life’s Ups and Downs | How to Overcome Your Fear of What People Think
- Nourishing the Soul | Surround Yourself with Positive People
- Psych Central’s Weightless blog | Overcoming Body Image Battles for a Better Life
- 6 Months to Live | Life Experiment Celebrating You
Grow Soul Beautiful | Why I Yoga series.
- CafeTruth | How do you Deal With Critics?
- Not Myself Today | shared my story
BLOG COMMUNITY WORK:
- Expert on Ten Thousand Coffees.
- Juror for the 2012, 2013, & 2014 Canadian Weblog Awards.
- Contributor on We Are The Real Deal.
- Featured Blogger of the Week on The Gold Zebra: January 2013.
- Blog was Profiled on Canada Blog Friends.
PRINTED MAGAZINE ARTICLES:
- Seaside Magazine | Coffee, Walk, and a Talk (September 2013, p. 67)
- Have two articles published in April 2013 version of Brainwash Magazine. A new magazine for teen girls.
- Featured in Island Gals Magazine in March 2013. Also, on the Meet the Gals section of their site.
- Eating Disorder Recovery Awareness Group Interview Series. Live Facebook Chat for an hour.
- Featured on Your Life Your Success Podcast.
- Webshow with Jacqueline Boone where we interview Kristin Lajeunesse.
- Webshow with Jacqueline Boone called “The Moment for Change: Creating Our Best Lives.”
- Group Facilitator for #IAmAntiBully’s Why bully? Embrace. A TED-inspired educator’s dialogue.
- Was a volunteer for Right By You at Clara’s Big Ride in Victoria, B.C.
- Attended Therapeutic Conversations Conference by Vancouver School of Narrative Therapy, May 2014.
- Western Psychological Association Convention, Portland, Oregon, April, 2009
- Community Ambassador for the non-profit Fast and Female, which empowers girls to get into sport.