I’m Arianna Merritt, M.Ed., the voice behind Arianna’s Random Thoughts, which is an empowering dialogue to foster & facilitate healthy relationships with yourself and others. Drawing on my educational background in human development & applied psychology combined with my love of technology and involvement in sport, I aim to teach strategies and create content that empower individuals to reach their full potential while building supportive communities.
I am passionate about creating meaningful dialogue around helping ambitious students, recent graduates, and entrepreneurs’ personal and professional development through building partnerships with leading experts, government officials, and individuals around the world.
About the blog:
When I was working on my Masters degree and thinking about life after graduation, I lacked clarity for the future. Therefore, I created my blog from the ground up to connect with like-minded people and share my concerns beyond the classroom. Doing so really skyrocketed my personal and professional development. Since then, I have facilitated my blog, Arianna’s Random Thoughts, to become an award-winning and trusted dialogue in the online community for empowering persons of all ages – especially students, recent graduates, entrepreneurs, and professionals – to launch their ideas into reality. Along the way, I have personally interviewed over 100+ professional thought leaders from around the world about how they have risen to their platform and shined!
One of my mottos is “conversations change lives.” I love brainstorming sessions – using my creative and analytical abilities to turn ideas into action. If you have a project that you think I would be interested in or story I should hear, I would simply LOVE to hear the details! To get in touch please use my contact form, right here. I’m excited to meet new people and future conversations. Check out a list of my other projects below.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES:
- Won the Top 25 Blog with Heart Award.
- Awarded See Beautiful Woman of the Month - June 2012 – “Arianna’s Random Thoughts Are Full of Awesome.”
- Nominated for the Business & Career, Health & Wellness, and Life Categories for the 2014 Canadian Weblog Awards.
- Nominated for the Health & Wellness and Life Categories for the 2013 Canadian Weblog Awards. Placed in the top 5 in the Health & Wellness Category.
- Nominated for the Health & Wellness and Life Categories for the 2012 Canadian Weblog Awards.
- Awarded Best Body Image Blogger for the 2012 Nourishing Body Image Awards.
- Awarded #14 in the Top 50 Personal Development Blogs of 2012 (Steven Aitchison).
- Top 100 Self-Help Blogs 2012 - Psychology of Eating.
- Ten Thousand Coffees | How to Establish Yourself as a Blogger
- Carleton University Learning Log | What Can You Do With a Psychology Degree?
- Wild Sister Magazine | Being An Entrepreneur is Like Paddling (Feb. 2015)
- Wild Sister Magazine | Go Be Wild (December, 2014)
- inspired COACH magazine | Shared my advice for work/life balance
- AlisonSmith.com | Shared a self-love strategy in 16 Strategies to Live a Life UnCommon
- Quips and Tips for Life’s Ups and Downs | How to Overcome Your Fear of What People Think
- Nourishing the Soul | Surround Yourself with Positive People
- Psych Central’s Weightless blog | Overcoming Body Image Battles for a Better Life
- 6 Months to Live | Life Experiment Celebrating You
Grow Soul Beautiful | Why I Yoga series.
- CafeTruth | How do you Deal With Critics?
- Not Myself Today | shared my story
BLOG COMMUNITY WORK:
- Expert on Ten Thousand Coffees.
- Juror for the 2012, 2013, & 2014 Canadian Weblog Awards.
- Contributor on We Are The Real Deal.
- Featured Blogger of the Week on The Gold Zebra: January 2013.
- Blog was Profiled on Canada Blog Friends.
PRINTED MAGAZINE ARTICLES:
- Seaside Magazine | Coffee, Walk, and a Talk (September 2013, p. 67)
- Have two articles published in April 2013 version of Brainwash Magazine. A new magazine for teen girls.
- Featured in Island Gals Magazine in March 2013. Also, on the Meet the Gals section of their site.
- Eating Disorder Recovery Awareness Group Interview Series. Live Facebook Chat for an hour.
- Featured on Your Life Your Success Podcast.
- Webshow with Jacqueline Boone where we interview Kristin Lajeunesse.
- Webshow with Jacqueline Boone called “The Moment for Change: Creating Our Best Lives.”
- Group Facilitator for #IAmAntiBully’s Why bully? Embrace. A TED-inspired educator’s dialogue.
- Was a volunteer for Right By You at Clara’s Big Ride in Victoria, B.C.
- Attended Therapeutic Conversations Conference by Vancouver School of Narrative Therapy, May 2014.
- Western Psychological Association Convention, Portland, Oregon, April, 2009
- Community Ambassador for the non-profit Fast and Female, which empowers girls to get into sport.
Click on the thumbnails below for the full-size images. Photos taken by the amazing Kelsey Goodwin of KGOODPHOTO.
If you have been featured on my site, here is my logo to display on your site.